7 reasons to see 7 stories
1) Admire the incredible sets that our Production Design and Technical Arts students worked on (including a lot of welding!)
2) Appreciate the talent of graduate Lauren Acheson (Set and Costume Design, 2015) whose set will take you to seventh heaven … or the seventh floor ?
3) Check out the magnificent colourful costumes dreamed up by Erika Parra Bernal (Set and Costume Design, 3rd year, Palmira, Valle, Colombia)
4) Discover some flamboyant and strange characters and try to understand the mysterious origin of this neo-absurdist tale.
5) Be awed by the beauty of the Ludger-Duvernay theatre in the Monument-National.
6) Watch your first play by Morris Panych, a Canadian writer from Calgary. His play 7 stories premiered in 1989 at the Arts Club Theatre in Vancouver.
7) Be bowled over by Philip Akin's direction. Akin co-founded Obsidian Theatre in 2000. Two years later, he also founded the Obsidian Mentor/Apprentice Program, a unique program that has helped 61 young Black artists launch their careers as directors, writers, lighting designers, and costume designers in renowned companies around the world.
7 Stories will be presented by NTS at the Ludger-Duvernay Theatre from December 10 to 15, 2018. The production includes the work of graduating students from the Acting, Set and Costume Design, and Production Design and Technical Arts programs.