The National Theatre School (NTS) identifies as an "art school": a pedagogical and artistic institution that relies on professional practices to provide the best possible training. Students are invited to learn, innovate and rethink the future of theater. The School's many areas of activity include its nine professional programs and its Center for Arts and Social Innovation.
Customer service and box office operations agent
This cheerful, organized individual works under the supervision of the Hospitality and Customer Experience Manager, and plays a central role in coordinating the day-to-day activities of the front of house, ticketing, events and administration.
As part of our team, this person will:
- Provide support through a variety of tasks related to various activities at the M-N Campus.
- Take part in ongoing changes and get involved in the implementation of innovative processes.
- Foster frank and open exchanges that lead to team cohesion and efficient work.
- Join the team's efforts to create an inclusive and caring professional space.
- Promote the idea that theater unites people and allows them to imagine, think and feel collectively.
More specifically, the person will:
- Welcome, guide and handle requests from students, employees and external visitors.
- Open and occasionally close the building while ensuring that spaces are back in their original layout.
- Answer, screen and transfer phone calls.
- Handle internal and external mail, as well as supplier deliveries.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of work processes and tools.
- Process and program box office requests.
- Perform weekly and monthly bank reconciliations for the box office.
- Perform box office remittances for external and internal productions.
- Ensure the integrity of box office cash flows.
- In collaboration with the Front of House Manager, train front of house and box office staff.
- Attend opening nights to ensure the smooth operation of the box office.
- Support and contribute to the implementation of best practices and innovative ideas leading to a differentiated customer experience and relationship.
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of M-N databases.
- Create, draft and update various letters and documents.
- Sorting, filing and archiving.
- Manage the various e-mail boxes associated with the position.
- Maintain inventory and ensure that first-aid kits are up to date.
- Any other administrative and/or related tasks may be added to this description.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position;
- Experience in ticketing execution and programming;
- Bilingualism, written and spoken, French and English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of customer service;
- Ability to concentrate and be thorough;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of Office Suite (including Office 365 and Excel) and other database software;
- Good humor, resourcefulness, dynamism and attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Punctuality, sense of responsibility, versatility and autonomy.
What we offer
- A caring, dynamic and motivating work environment;
- A competitive salary with an agile work schedule;
- An advantageous number of vacation days, plus two paid weeks during the holidays, with bonus holidays;
- A comprehensive group insurance plan, employee assistance program and telemedicine;
- A very advantageous defined benefit pension plan;
- A free parking space at the Saint-Denis pavilion;
- The privilege of working daily with a dedicated team, exceptional artists from across Canada and over 170 talented students; all in a bilingual, diverse and inclusive work environment!
The National Theatre School of Canada (NTS) believes in employment equity and is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. For NTS, it is imperative that the diversity of our community be reflected in our staff, who must likewise be comfortable working with and for people of all walks of life. We strongly support the right to employability and greatly encourage applications from Indigenous people, people of colour, and those of all other ethnic and cultural affiliations, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, and disability.