This job offer is closed.
Under the supervision of the Operations Lead of the Monument-National (M-N) Campus, the successful candidate will be organized, disciplined and versatile with an ability to lead and mobilize technical teams in supervising, supporting and training of students in a context of creation, production and presentation. This person will be responsible for the planning and smooth running of all technical and administrative operations at the M-N Campus. There are three main types of activities: presentations of shows from all disciplines; technical support for the creation, production and presentation of shows by the students; and holding of corporate and media events.
As part of our team, the successful candidate agrees to:
- Participate in the ongoing changes and the implementation of innovative processes;
- Contribute to maintaining frank and open exchanges that promote team cohesion and efficiency;
- Collaborate in the team's efforts to create an inclusive and caring professional space;
- Share the view that theatre brings people together and allows them to imagine, think and feel collectively.
- In conjunction with the technical team, ensure that expertise is shared using a pedagogical approach;
- Consistently foster a climate conducive to learning;
- With the help of the technical team, provide requested technical support to students at the M-N Campus;
- Provide mentorship to the students while receiving requests and evaluating needs related to student productions, provide solutions and communicate schedules to the technical team;
- Receive and evaluate requests, provide solutions and communicate the needs of the production directors to the technical team related to student productions;
- Contribute to good communication and collaboration between the technical services in the M-N Campus and the pedagogical services in the Saint-Denis Campus;
- Ensure the training of students on health and safety regulations and their proper implementation;
- With the School’s other technical staff, coordinate the transfer of technical equipment between the two Campuses.
- Advise, guide and participate in the evaluation of the technical, operational and budgetary feasibility of the various productions;
- Plan and communicate the work schedules and assignments of technical teams required by the productions, according to the terms of the contracts and the technical data sheets of the productions;
- Ensure that technical operations run smoothly, M-N's health and safety regulations are applied, and schedules are respected;
- With the support of the permanent technicians, supervise all work carried out in the rooms during the assemblies as well as technical and general work calls (except for the students);
- Maintain a list of on-call specialized technicians to meet production needs (lighting technicians, sound engineers, carpenter, Flyperson, riggers, video technicians, etc.);
- Always ensure that the facilities are reset at the end of every production;
- Prepare the invoicing of technical services and transmit the required documents to the administration;
- Prepare biweekly technician time sheets for the payroll department;
- Ensure that the working conditions of technical employees are respected.
Technical and scenic equipment
- Evaluate, prepare and submit equipment acquisition proposals to the Operations Lead;
- Make the purchases required to maintain up-to-date inventories of technical supplies including equipment replacement parts;
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation relating to the theatres (plans and lists of available equipment);
- Manage equipment warranties and maintenance contracts;
- Plan for and allocate necessary resources, and supervise annual maintenance periods for all venues;
- Participate in various tasks related to general building maintenance and specific maintenance of the theatres and their outbuildings (dressing rooms, warehouses, etc.).
Management and administration
- Supervise the quality of work and performance evaluation of the technical team;
- Closely monitor the team's working hours;
- Oversee the implementation and renewal of the agreement on working conditions for technicians in M-N;
- Manage the electronic access codes of the various users of the M-N Campus: students, employees, artists and tenants;
- Manage the wireless communication networks and computer servers;
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate current practices, in order to advise and recommend best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position with evidence of success;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mobilize teams, and to maintain a good working climate;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service;
- Strong management and leadership skills;
- Strong aptitude for teamwork, openness to others and divergent thinking;
- Ease of communication, building trusting relationships and passing on knowledge;
- Good sense of organization, planning and budget management;
- Sense of initiative, problem solving, discernment, creativity, rigour, diplomacy, autonomy, integrity, resourcefulness, humour and stress management;
- Master and be up-to-date on all health and safety regulations
- Demonstrated ability in managing daily operations related to stage and technical equipment;
- Demonstrated skills in electrical, lighting, sound, video and rigging systems;
- Good knowledge of IT tools, such as Autocad, Office 365, and Vectorworks;
- Strong manual skills;
- Class 5 driver's licence;
- Fluently bilingual in French and English, written and oral.
This is a permanent, full-time position, usually Monday to Friday, but candidates are also expected to be flexible in terms of working hours.
How to apply?
This job offer is closed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all and believe in the right to employability. That’s why we support accessibility and employment equality; we encourage people of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, and ethnicity, as well as Indigenous people, people with disabilities, and people of colour, to apply.