The National Theatre School of Canada (NTS) believes in employment equity and is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. For NTS, it is imperative that the diversity of our community be reflected in our staff, who must likewise be comfortable working with and for people of all walks of life. We strongly support the right to employability and greatly encourage applications from Indigenous people, people of colour, and those of all other ethnic and cultural affiliations, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, and disability.
Campaign and Digital Content Manager
The National Theatre School of Canada (NTS) is currently looking for a dynamic person, a lover of arts and culture, to fill the position of Campaign and Digital Content Manager. This is a temporary position for the duration of 12 months, ending no later than September 2022.
The chosen applicant will have the opportunity to gain experience in a highly stimulating environment while representing the School’s voice and presence on the Web. Through the creation and dissemination of content over various platforms, they will propose engaging ways to showcase the positive energy that drives NTS and the excellence of its students, faculty, and alumni, as well as the connections that the School maintains with communities across Canada and throughout the world. It is the Content Manager’s job to generate and promote dynamic social media conversations, while cultivating the growing NTS online community.Apply now!
The Campaign and Digital Content Manager is part of the External Relations team and is mainly responsible for managing social media content, omnichannel marketing campaigns, creating and distributing promotional content by email, and managing the newsletter platform. They are in charge coordinating digital projects with agencies, suppliers, including external and internal partners.
This position also requires collaborating with administrative and pedagogical staff, guest teachers, students, as well as with various partners collaborating on School’s numerous special projects. The Contents Manager also provides advice and assistance in the implementation of Omnic optimization strategies to achieve established objectives, and proposes and carries out projects to enhance the School’s Web presence in imaginative and impactful ways.
The Campaign and Digital Content Manager is also required to attend some events outside of regular work hours to assist the External Relations team with general logistics.
Social media management
- Develop a calendar for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter posts;
- Ensure SEO and SEM optimization in collaboration with an external partner or agency;
- Create content (text and visuals) to post on social media platforms;
- Manage followers’ messages and comments;
- Create, manage, and analyze publicity campaigns on social networks;
- With the agency, manage Google AdWords and Google Ad Grants campaigns;
- Assist in conducting Facebook and Instagram Live events (hosting, creating promotional visual content and/or comment moderation);
- Analyze social media and website activity to enhance our performance;
- Analyze social media statistics and improve strategies based on the results.
Digital content creation
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to create visual concepts for campaigns;
- Write production briefs on campaign rollouts for all the required digital and traditional channels (TV, radio, online videos, website, digital and social media);
- Ensure delivery of all content to the various internal and external partners;
- Produce and coordinate the newsletter’s promotional content in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders;
- Write content in French and English and coordinate revisions and translations, as needed;
- On occasion: create or edit graphic and video content.
- Ensure the website is kept up to date;
- Ensure webpages and content are optimized according to external needs to facilitate user experience (UX));
- Contribute to the site’s improvement through various aspects including ergonomics, referencing, the addition of new sections, and the enhancement of existing sections or subsections.
- Create a content calendar;
- Write content and coordinate the revision and translation of the Newsletter’s overall content, as needed;
- Select archive photos or take new ones, resize them as needed;
- Insert content in MailChimp;
- Analyze the opening statistics and improve strategies.
Statistics and reports
- Assist internal teams by providing statistics relating to our various platforms (website, social networks, YouTube, etc.);
- Submit a report following each major project/campaign;
- Suggest strategic proposals to improve content-related results and performance;
- Proficiency in Excel with the ability to extract statistics and filter data;
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and the creation of presentations for internal teams.
Logistical support for internal teams
- Act as a bridge between internal teams and regularly ensure that all their external communication objectives are fulfilled in accordance with the School’s standards and brand image;
- Provide NTS-related logos and other graphic or video content to internal teams to ensure brand compliance, and likewise approve the overall design of internal documents;
- Oversee the writing quality and coordinate the revision and translation of documents produced by internal teams in either English and French.
Any other administrative duties that may be relevant to this position.
- Proven experience in a similar position with demonstrated success;
- Written and oral proficiency in French and English;
- Strong writing skills in both French and English (Clear and concise, to great effect);
- Highly organized with a strong sense of prioritization (ability to establish and meet tight deadlines);
- Resourceful, curious, and a quick learner;
- Creative, able to work independently, and possessing a keen interest for the arts;
- At ease with the various social media planforms and their respective tools: Facebook (Insights, Events, Ads), Twitter, Hootsuite, Instagram (Stories, Statistics), YouTube, TikTok, etc.;
- A good command of Adobe Suite: Premiere Pro, Audition, Photoshop;
- Accustomed to using a Web content management system (CMS);
- A good command of Google Analytics;
- Familiarity with Mailchimp.
How to apply?
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com and clearly indicate Application: Campaign and Digital Content Manager. The start date will be as soon as possible.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all and believe in the right to employability. That’s why we support accessibility and employment equality; we encourage people of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, and ethnicity, as well as Indigenous people, people with disabilities, and people of colour, to apply.Apply now!