The National Theatre School of Canada (NTS) believes in employment equity and is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. For NTS, it is imperative that the diversity of our community be reflected in our staff, who must likewise be comfortable working with and for people of all walks of life. We strongly support the right to employability and greatly encourage applications from Indigenous people, people of colour, and those of all other ethnic and cultural affiliations, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, and disability.
Customer Service Representative
The Monument-National campus is constantly evolving and enriched by the dynamic presence of NTS students. As the Customer Experience Representative, the ideal applicant must be able to provide outstanding and reliable service to the many external clients while conveying the organizations new values. They must also be ready to share their knowledge and provide guidance to students, who go through a rigorous training program that allows them to learn the ropes of professional theatre and stagecraft.Apply now!
Highly organized, with a cheerful disposition, the Customer Experience Representative works under the supervision of the Logistics and Customer Services Manager, and plays a central role in the coordination of daily tasks related to reception, events, and administration.
As a member of our team, the successful candidate will:
- Support the various areas of daily activities at the Monument-National campus through a variety of tasks.
- Participate in the School’s ongoing evolution and development of innovative processes;
- Maintain honest and open communication within the organization to achieve cohesion and efficiency.
- Participate in group efforts to build a caring and inclusive professional environment;
- Share the view that theatre brings people together and allows them to imagine, think, and feel collectively.
The Customer experience Representative will:
- Participate in establishing best practices and innovative ideas that help us stand out in terms of customer experience and relations;
- Contribute to maintaining a friendly and proactive work environment;
- Contribute to the continuous optimization of work tools and processes;
- Greet and help orient students and visitors;
- Answer, filter, and forward phone calls;
- Manage internal and external mail and deliveries;
- Perform various tasks as box office attendant;
- Participate in the management and maintenance M-N databases;
- Operate our management system (Chronos);
- Create, draft, and update various letters and documents;
- Monitor market trends;
- Sort, classify, and archive data and documents;
- Ensure security protocols are enforced and manage access codes on digital keyboards;
- Administer the Info email inbox;
Additional administrative or related duties may be added too this description.
- Proven experience in a similar position (2 years);
- Written and oral proficiency in French and English;
- A flair for customer service;
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Office 365 and Excel) and an ability to quickly master new software;
- Excellent interpersonal and stress management skills, good humour, as well as a keen sense of judgment, diplomacy, and respect;
- Able to work independently;
- Adept at working with others and as part of a team;
- Able to maintain an open-minded and see the bigger picture;
- Keen interest in arts and culture;
- Skilled at multitasking.
This is a permanent, full-time position, generally Monday through Friday, but requiring work schedule flexibility, as needed.
Start date end of August 2021.
How to apply?
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all and believe in the right to employability. That’s why we support accessibility and employment equality; we encourage people of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, and ethnicity, as well as Indigenous people, people with disabilities, and people of colour, to apply.Apply now!